You’ll want to test your alarm unit using the following procedure:
1. Test Your Device
– Momentarily press and release the “Push to Test/Hold to Configure” button
– The alarm will send a test notification to all phone numbers that have been configured
2. Test Your Pit Sensors
– Fill a drinking glass or bowl with a little tap water
– Submerge the pit sensor in the water
– The unit should begin to sound its alarm and each phone number you configured will receive a notification text message
– Remove the pit sensor from the water
– The unit will stop sounding its alarm and each phone number you configured will receive a notification text message
3. Test Your Backup Batteries
– Unplug the A/C Power adapter from the A/C outlet
– Once the unit detects that power was lost, each phone number you configured will receive a notification text message. You should wait for the text message notification on your phone before proceeding.
– Plug the A/C power adapter back into the outlet
– Once the unit detects power has returned to the unit, you will receive a notification text message alerting you that power has been restored to your unit.